TLD Group’s Board Retreats are designed to educate board members about the global and local trends impacting the healthcare industry and their system. Our facilitators provide ample opportunities to move your Board from strategy to tactics.
Sample Strategies for Board Consideration
Some of the strategies and tactics that are often considered by a hospital board after such a retreat include:
- Staying independent in a way that is defensive against emerging narrow provider networks
- Joining or merging with other hospital systems
- Implementing an aggressive plan to employ physicians and other providers
- Developing a physician leadership academy to engage and develop physician leaders
- Exploring expanding into the insurance business
- Buying or developing the competencies to manage increased downside risk
- Expanding into post-acute care facilities and services
- Big Data predictive analytics data mining to decrease per-capita cost and increase quality
- Partnering with IPAs or PHOs to develop provider alignment
- Developing and/or expanding an Accountable Care Organization
TLD Group’s Board Retreats include:
- Education on trends across industries and those specific to healthcare
- Scenario exercises to facilitate the strategic planning process
- Facilitated visioning and strategy development session
- Initiative identification and prioritization resulting in a list of prioritized, actionable initiatives
Ready to Learn More?
Contact us today for your complimentary consultation.